Friday, September 10, 2010

I have a future. So most Afghans my age dont | Hewod Azizjan

Hewod Azizjan & ,}

Hewod Azizjan came to Britain 3 years ago from Afghanistan, vocalization almost no English. He right away goes to Isleworth Syon School in Hounslow, West London. Last month he was invited to Brussels to discuss it a Nato discussion how the fight looks when noticed from both sides.

I am 16. My family left Afghanistan to shun the polite war. My perceptions, like majority alternative peoples, were made by those around me. Most Afghans dont know the disproportion in in in between Nato and any alternative force. In determining in in in between the Taleban and Nato, the Talebs have a big worth they are internal and they verbalise the language.

Afghans feel underneath conflict their culture, their sacrament and their country. Nato is well well known as Amrikaan all unfamiliar infantry are lumped together and described as Americans. People simply do not know the disproportion and perhaps Natos picture suffers since of this.

There is a disproportion in in in between operative and fighting. Perhaps the armed forces should be improved well well known for the work that they do rather than the fighting. Nato should take stairs to get this summary out to the people and to attend to people and not be seen only to spin up and throw income around. One thought to get the summary out is by the imams. They are influential. If you can speak to them, afterwards you are articulate to the people.

They fright that Nato forces are aggressive Afghan enlightenment ... and Islam. They need reassurance. News reports will regularly hang in my mind when mosques are attacked and trusting civilians killed. Like majority Afghans, I wish the fighting to stop. It is formidable not to feel that Afghanistan has been invaded: we do not merit this.

My comparison cousin transient to London in the late 1990s and would discuss it us about London. It seemed similar to he was vocalization about heaven! I recollect him describing the parks and open spaces places in the Hindi movies I used to watch as a boy. It seemed a place of hope, with no crime or fights. And when I arrived I couldnt hold how majority greener the weed was in the UK. Life was vivid, as if I was in a film.

Back afterwards I had a formidable perspective of the British people. I felt on the one hand that they were bad partly since of the story of the British in Afghanistan, but additionally since I listened that people were celebration and working badly. But my cousin, who right away drives a cab in London, would discuss it me about how schoolchildren would contend greatfully and appreciate you. I knew Britain had the majority appropriate preparation and thats because I dreamt of entrance here. Good propagandize equates to a improved hold up for me.

I used to think the British would provide Muslims badly. My thought was that they were similar to the BNP who dont wish to see Muslims vital peacefully in this country. I was awaiting to be hated, or at slightest treated with colour with suspicion.

But when I got here I was repelled that people were not religious. I never thought that people could not hold in God. It fascinates me. The normal British chairman is not meddlesome in sacrament and only wants to feel protected in his or her bed, or on the Tube.

Religion and hold up are really strongly continuous where I came from. If an Afghan was to mental condition of carrying a successful life, afterwards each one of them would come to England. When it comes for me to be married, girls behind in Afghanistan will prolonged to wed me! Where I come from, England is desired for education, safety, healthcare and it is famously a pleasing place too.

But people from my encampment would additionally find it really tough here. Honour and morals are really critical to them. The villagers would be really repelled to see girls wearing miniskirts, celebration ethanol and the approach majority peoples approach of hold up is really free ... to the extreme. You have to recollect that we Muslims hold that this hold up is a exam and that if we live it delicately it will move genuine leisure in the subsequent world.

I am removing a great education, I feel certain about my future, I am free to have ambitions, I am safe, I can rehearse my religion, and majority of all I can be myself. All this creates me feel certain about hold up in the West; but I do not think I would have felt this about the UK if I had still been vital in Kabul. At the same time I feel guilty I have a destiny when so majority people my age in Afghanistan do not.

Last year in English we complicated Silas Marner by George Eliot. One thoroughfare stuck in my mind. She wrote that the villagers were questionable of strangers how was a man to be explained unless you knew somebody who knew his father or mother?. Afghans worth their lengthened family, they live in small communities and find it formidable to certitude people they do not know.

To benefit their certitude has to engage creation them feel certain about people from the West and someway have them feel less strange. I dont know how to do this but they have to see that the normal Westerner is not so opposite from them in the things that they goal for, their ambitions, what they wish for their children.

No comments:

Post a Comment